Qualitative Research for Policy Making: 3rd Annual QRPM2012 conference
Supporting effective policy making through qualitative and mixed methods research
Date: 24-25 May 2012
Venue: University Institute of Lison (ISCTE), Lisbon, Portugal
Summary: This highly interactive and cross-disciplinary event will bring together top policy researchers and practitioners to discuss best practices for delivering qualitative research for policy making. This year's main focus is: supporting effective policy making through qualitative and mixed methods research.
Learn and meet leading speakers and experts in the field of qualitative policy research. Topics that will be covered include: using mixed methods research to support policy making, convincing stakeholders the importance of using qualitative research in times of economic uncertainties, and developing strategies to communicate with policy makers of the validity of qualitative research findings. Below are the links:
IQDA EDUCATION RESOURCES
Collection of audio and visual material covering a series of sociological topics. The IQDA Learning Resources work as a self-guided learning tool for students.
Collection of audio clips that educators can use in the classroom. Educators can also apply to the IQDA for access to transcripts for teaching purposes.
Recent blog posts
- Ethnicity, Human Rights & Data Collection
- Incorporating Research Evidence into Academic Learning - A Seminar for Third Level Institutions
- Is family influence declining? The impact of parents and grandparents over 35 years
- National & Transnational Cultural Flows & Place, Postgraduate Summer School
- Munster Oral History Forum, Saturday 27 April 2013
- International Summer School in Qualitative Research Methods in Education, IV Edition
- Qualitative longitudinal data analysis: a research methods training day
- Writing across Boundaries Workshop, April 2013
- Bridging qualitative, quantitative and spatial datasets: a configurational approach to multisource coding
- Archiving consultancy post with CDI